Friday, August 13, 2010

Blender Hammer Time

So i've finally got some time to do some personal projects. So while i was rendering out the 2nd to last shot for "The Cure" i decided to jump into Blender 2.5Beta and give it a go. I've been meaning to for a long time (mainly because its free and has almost everything you need!!
I decided to model, texture, composite and render a hammer. I love how the compositing is part of the whole render pipeline!
Well it was a little clunky but i finally got there! 'Scuse the bad texturing, i really dont like doing that stuff! I planar mapped the head so there's a nasty big stretch...
(click on the pictures for a higher res)

This is the Composited Render
 
  
This is the Original Render with DOF
 

And this is the Original Render with my compositing tree